Monday, 3 August 2009

Working from Home

As a work from home researcher, I decided to create this blog. What I plan to do here is discuss various ways of earning an income from home or by freelancing. I will also review business opportunities and ways of supplementing your income, which may include offers and general savings.

This blog will be helpful to anyone who wants, or plans, to work from home, become self-employed, earn a bit of extra cash or set up an online business. I'm going to write about each opportunity and welcome feedback on all home working options raised - for and against.

Some of the opportunities I will write about have been around for a while but I also plan to introduce new options.

I've been researching home working opportunities for over three years. I first became interested when I wanted to work from home myself. I searched the internet for opportunities but found that most of them were not offered in the UK, so I decided to put the work in myself and make it my business to 'find' legitimate UK based home working and freelance jobs. To my surprise I came up with a lot more than I bargained for. The opportunities are out there, which is why thousands of people are working from home nowadays but you've got to be prepared to put in the time and effort to make it work for you. One thing I 'won't' be disucssing here is 'get rich quick' schemes. If that's what you're looking for then you may as well stop reading now as this isn't what this blog is about.

I won't be discussing anything that requires a joining fee, unless it's a legitimiate business opportunity, i.e. setting up a website to sell goods or a franchise opportunity. I've written an article on scams and how to avoid them that has been published on several work from home websites, details of which I will provide shortly, and I welcome stories by anyone who has had the misfortune to have fallen prey to a scam, so that others can steer clear.

So, who might benefit from this blog, I hear you ask? Basicially, anyone who wants to find a way to earn money independently. Most of the people who contact me are stay-at-home mums or dads, students, freelancers or anyone who is housebound.

I want this to be a no nonsense work from home blog. I will add links to opportunities and offer advice and articles periodically. And anyone who has any ideas or feedback and wants to share.....please get in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment