Thursday, 18 March 2010

Earn Cash Renting Out Your Spare Room

I remember watching The One Show a few months ago where they reviewed renting out a spare room in your home for extra cash. Naturally, I made a mental note of this and looked it up online at my earliest convenience. Although I don't have a spare room in my home to rent out, I thought that it may be of benefit to other people who are looking for ways to earn some extra cash, so I've included it on this blog.

The general idea is that you rent out a room that isn't in use for extra cash. However, what I didn't know, but have found out since, is that you can actaully earn up to p to *£4,250.00 per year tax free for renting out a room in your house or flat - (£2,125 if letting jointly) *correct at time of publication. To qualify you must rent out a room that is fully furnished room.

Of course, renting out you spare room isn't just about earning extra money, it will compromise your living standards to some degree, which is why it isn't for everyone. For isntance, you'd have to share bathrooms, kitchen facilities etc., So, I guess if you don't really like the sound of that then it isn't for you.

On the plus side, if you don't mind sharing - you could earn some extra cash renting out your spare room. If you are intersted and want to find out more then you can read a detailed article here....

No comments:

Post a Comment